Monday, January 14, 2013

Can You Hear Me Now?

As office manager so many important tasks fall on my desk today it seems that the copier was leaving tiny little dots, mere minuscule pin-pricks on the paper and it was up to me to make sure that this didn't happen. Now I'm not saying I have a problem with that at all, it's what I do, but I like to have fun at what I do do (?) ok.
I have to call in the service order to the company who, ah, services the machine as it were...

Service Rep: (a very nice young man who sounded quite fun too!) Hi, this is Steven how can I help you today?
Me: (I was eating my afternoon snack, an apple, ok...) Hello, yes (cough, apple got caught in my throat!) I am needing my drum cleaned, whoa! (laugh, cough, choke!) That sounded wrong...(choke, choke..)
Steven: Oh, no that's correct. We can take care of that for you.
(Seriously? Hello?)
Me: Oh, ok... could you call 911 too I seem to be choking to death here.
Steven: What? What is your machine number?
(Seriously? This is some funny shit here, what is the deal Steven? I thought we had something!)
Me: Ok (blah blah paticulars)
Steven: We will take care of that for you right away, is there anything else?
Me: (Well now that you ask Steven, I could use life support since no one was here to disloge the apple from my throat or remove the knife you stuck in my heart. Could it have hurt you to laugh just a little at my jokes? Hello? Steve?) That's just cold!

The tech came by and replaced the drum. I guess it's just as well it's over between Steven and I it never would have lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment