Sunday, November 24, 2013

Good-bye Sumall It Was Nice Knowing You

As I was saying, this year my in-laws are flying out from Florida for the first time in about 10 years. They are in their 80’s and I went to great lengths to make sure things would go smoothly from take off to landing for them and that is no easy feat.  

Living in Texas one learns that the weather is a fickle thing, pouring rain on one side of the street sunny on the other, 100 one day 100 the next three weeks (ok not the best example). This year the weather has been very strange once again as it has been the most beautiful sumall (summer/fall mash up, kinda cool right?) of course that was until today the day the in-laws are to fly in! SERIOUSLY? 

Yes seriously, this is the day Mr. Winter Storm decided to move in and make all the Thanksgiving travelers miserable the flyers the drivers and the festivity planners. In our area even rain can cause the forecasters to go into panic so you can imagine what a ‘wintery mix’ is doing to them! Now add to the pot the airports and you might be able to see where I am going with this… 

7:00am- my cell phone rings and I see it is from AA (American Airlines) 

M- (Oh this can’t be a good thing) Hello?...um hello?  

AA- Press 1, Para Espanola press 2 (ok I got this but why do I got this? I went with 1 since my Espanola is somewhat lacking and I felt that this was not the time to test it out) We have cancelled your flight today due to weather conditions and have rescheduled you for a different flight tomorrow… 

M- (Whoa slow down sister! What the blazes are you talking about? What weather you mean sumall, nothing wrong with that!) 

AA- Tomorrow at 6:30am… 

M- (HOLY S*** you gotta be kidding me!)

You see as I mentioned above the IL’s are in their 80’s!!!  For them to make a 6:30am flight they would have to get up before they go to bed! This is the reason I booked them on a mid-afternoon flight, nice and easy day wheelchair assistance with upgraded seats the whole works. Now I got someone (thing) going ‘uh, yea so whatever we moved it all and here’s the deal’. 

AA- Accept or Reject just say it. 

M- (OMG! What I can’t talk to someone I have questions!) 

AA- I’m sorry I didn’t get that Accept or Reject. 

M- (I don’t know I don’t know don’t I have other options?!) 

AA- I said Accept or Reject!!!  

I run in to wake up Mr. LT…quick wake up! As quickly as possible I explain the situation (the speaker phone is on so you can hear Ms. Rudeness 

MLT- What?  

M- Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (run through it again) 

AA- ACCEPT OR REJECT WE GROW TIRED OF WAITING. 

MLT- WTH? What weather? Are you kidding me you are kidding me right. Can’t you tell them… 

M- THIS IS NOT A HUMAN! THERE ARE NO HUMANS ANYMORE! MAKE A DECISION! 

AA- ACCEPT OR REJECT OR WE WILL CUT YOU, WE WILL HUNT YOU DOWN YOU WILL BE ASSIMULATED. 

MLT- Accept! Accept! 

AA- Thank you, your flight information is… 

M- Oh Dios Mio!  

We intercepted the IL’s on their way to the airport and gave them the bad news. Mom IL was fine with it which is odd because it takes her 4 hours just to get to the grocery store! 

MIL- We can do it we are Vikings! 

Oh meg Herren!

No comments:

Post a Comment